Thursday, November 15, 2012

Missing Kindergarten Pajama Day


Good news: I don't think I will have to sleep with Hello Kitty tonight for the first time all week. She hogs the bed. Seriously. Or maybe it is the two children, cat, and Hello Kitty. I am not sure.

Good news: Singular has been helpful in controlling asthma attacks, maybe. Little girl hasn't missed a day of school all year. Oxygen readings have been great despite the scoughing and vomiting at night.

Bad news: Little girl's body finally gave in after her trigger, whatever that is. We know the tiniest of viruses or allergens cause chaos in her body.  Fever. Congestion in her chest. Likely settled into bronchitis or pneumonia.

Tomorrow is the first Kindergarten Pajama day in her classroom. Most of the time, big boy skips it because he finds teasing, bullying, whathaveyou, to wear pajamas on the bus, in the lunch room, at recess, and everywhere it is outside the classroom to be intolerable. I find the whole thing silly, and I am thankful I never had to wear my pajamas to school. I may have to let her wear her pajamas to the Pediatric clinic tomorrow. Or maybe just go out and buy her new pajamas to make up for this "missed" opportunity.

Or perhaps I will wear my pajamas in solidarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment